Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beginning Our Road To Adoption!

        It's official! I did it! I up and CALLED an ADOPTION agency! I know that may not be a HUGE step for some, or even the first official step of starting the adoption process- but it's big for me-- and now we know how to start! Now, I know you might be thinking that we JUST got the news that we'll never have our own biological children--and we should think more about this-- but we are NOT fans of wasting time! Anyone who knows us, knows this to be true. We. Want. A. Family. And we want more than one child! *shocker, I know* God has definitely opened and closed the right doors, and given us the green light to get this ball rolling! We know when God is in something, you might as well jump on board, full steam ahead! And it's a good thing, because after speaking with the kind lady today, I found out the country we had in mind has an average 3 year wait for an infant! Wowzers!!! THREE YEARS.
Also, I found out:
 1.) We are pretty clueless when it comes to this sort of thing.
 2.) You don't have to be rich to adopt.
 3.) That horror stories are NOT the norm. Thank God.
 4.) You can bring home the perfect baby boy or girl of your dreams- it just takes time!
 5.) We need to do some serious praying and narrow down a country!
     
The sweet counsellor also sent me a link where I could view waiting children from that country and... I sat and cried.. And cried and cried. And then I cried some more! Now, (Not sure if it's the right way to go about this) but I have been googling countries for weeks now-- ever since we got the news from the Doc that we MIGHT not be able to produce our own children. And granted, I've seen a lot of cute kids, that I thought were precious, but THESE kids-- BROKE.OUR.HEART.  I guess, that's what it means for a country to "speak to you". I've always heard that there would just be one country that would call to you, and when you see your child, you will immediately know and love it! (Let me just say, I CAN'T WAIT for that day!!)  I'm not a particularly emotional person-- but something about the thought of those sweet babies over there, needing a home full of love, and WE can give them that! *amazing*

We know for sure we're on the right track. I'm so thankful for the way God leads and directs, and the PEACE that HE gives! It's truly amazing. I can't wait to watch HIM work all of this out "for our good and HIS glory"!


I really hope you guys are ready to hear about and see some serious miracles, because we serve a BIG GOD and we are trusting in the fact that "where HE leads HE provides".  A principle I've always seen evident in my parents and our family's life.  I know from experience, that when the Lord calls you to do something, He equips you with the tools you will need. That being said, we are SO excited to begin this (probably long, maybe difficult, and very emotional) journey to our family of three!! We are trusting God to lead, direct, and provide every step of the way!  So far, we've already seen His hand working-- it was evident, from the very first doctor's appointment. We can't wait to watch this new chapter in our lives unfold- and give GOD the glory for the great things He's doing in our lives!

                                                                           
                                xoxo,
                              Steffani

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome advice, tips, thoughts, and NICE encouraging comments! :)