Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

And So It Begins!

Monday, June 17, 2013. The day we "officially" begin our adoption journey! We. Are. So. Excited!!!! Words cannot even describe! Pending approval of our application by the director of our adoption agency (we should hear back in the next couple of weeks), we will be on our way to becoming the proud parents of our precious treasure living somewhere in Bulgaria! 
   I know this is just the start to the LOOOONG road that lies ahead, but I also can see the hand of God working so much- I dare to hope that it won't be quite as long as they keep telling us! (A girl can dream, right!?)  It's so much fun to watch the Lord work things out in your life, things that you just KNOW HE did! 
And we've already began to see situations like that! I wanted to share this one with you all. 

Wednesday afternoon we received our information packet, application, and fee schedule for the adoption agency we have chosen! After the initial shock of the staggering price tag wore off, we decided we needed to take a step back and pray. We asked God for clear direction- specifically that HE would give us the exact  amount of money needed for every step of the way! (Because, as much as we would like it, we don't NEED all $32,000 RIGHT NOW!) All we needed right then was the $250 for our application fee. Which, I know that's not a lot- but we had prayed and felt like when the timing was right, God would send us the money and we would know it was time to get this ball rolling!     Friday morning rolls around, (*PAYDAY*) and after paying all of our bills, Spencer called to let me know that we had an extra $100 in our account, and he didn't know where it came from! I just chalked it up to "God was working" and went on about my day, not knowing where the other $150 would come from. Well, I got home from work a few minutes before Hubby that day, and when I went to the mailbox (expecting doctor bills) I was surprised to see a weird looking envelope from our insurance company. We had overpaid, throughout the course of the year, and they sent us a reimbursement check! (How often does THAT happen?!) I was even more surprised when I looked down  at the amount. $152.87! In the total of about 7 hours, the Lord had given us the EXACT amount of money needed for our application fee!! He even sent a couple of extra dollars for postage!!! I couldn't quit crying and thanking the Lord then Spencer got home and it started all over again! :) We of course, took that as our sign, and filled out our application over the weekend! And today, we went and mailed that baby off!! This is our first and probably shortest "wait" in the process, but I know it's going to drive me crazy! But hey, every day, we are one step closer to bringing our little Prince or Princess HOME!!! 

                                          xoxo, 
                                        Steffani

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Praying for y'all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rebekah! Hope you all are doing well!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Steffani. You don't know me but I am a friend of Kelsey Davis. She shared (via Facebook) about you and your husband beginning your adoption journey. (and on a side note, my husband and I used to attend Pastor James Jones church before going into the pastorate full time) I came to your blog and read all the way to your first post. I am excited for you and your husband as you continue in this process. I am so happy to hear how the Lord is already meeting your needs and how that you are seeing His hand in it all. It's a blessing to see a young couple trusting the Lord to guide their family so completely. I can't wait to read more. I have added you to my blogroll so I will be waiting. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Tammy! That's encouraging, hope you get a blessing out of it! :) Stay tuned-- I know the Lord has many great things in store for us and we can't wait to share it with everyone! :) Ps~ I hear that James Jones is a pretty neat man! ;)

      Delete

We welcome advice, tips, thoughts, and NICE encouraging comments! :)