Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's Home-Study Time!

Woohoo! We finally got the forms to start our home study! They came in the mail on Friday, and it took a couple of days to process all of the information they were requesting! haha! Thankfully, it's not nearly as bad as we were anticipating, and it seems I was all nervous for nothing. Don't get me wrong-- it is a TON of thought provoking, soul-searching, get-to-know yourself questions, BUT we're going to take it and answer one question at the time. That's all we can do! On the bright side, we are going to know so much about each other (and ourselves) by the time this is over, and we may or may not have a small novella ready for print.

Included in the things we must have done to complete our home study; finger prints, physicals, Maycee (our furbaby) has to have a checkup and shots, and have our septic tank inspected. We just knew the last one was going to be an expensive headache! Come to find out, a kind nameless lady that Spencer works with, volunteered her husband to come and inspect it for free! He's licensed to do that, and we had no idea! We didn't even know how to go about getting it done.  :-D Just one more example of the Lord taking care of things before we even know we need them!

I'm still so amazed that the Lord would take such good care of us, and line everything up the way He is doing. I'm still amazed every time a dollar comes in for our adoption fund, and every dime has been EXACTLY what we've needed.  I don't know why the Lord has trusted us with this special road, but I'm so glad He did. I know a lot of people never get to see Him work so evidently in their lives, and I never dreamed I would either! My heart is just so full when I think that the God of the Universe is concerned with MY family. Even one that isn't even started yet! I'm having a hard time worrying and being fretful when I realize what all the Lord has already done for me-- I know He's not about to leave us in this alone. :) He is really "increasing my faith"and I'm so thankful. I'm also realizing more and more that the "baby steps of faith" I've had to take in this life were only preparing me for the larger amounts of faith I would need on this road to our sweet little Angel! And that makes me oh, so happy for the "not so pleasant"' things I've had to go thru in my life. I wouldn't trade this life for anything!


xoxo, Steffani  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome advice, tips, thoughts, and NICE encouraging comments! :)